Princess Pat Akpabio
King David understood the gains of Praise, when be wrote the Fourty seventh Psalm, and his sixth verse "God has gone up with a shout", indicates that the psalm was written when King David brought the Ark of the Covenant to Mount Zion; A symbol of Universal rejoicing for God's Universal reign.
Psalm 47:6-7 Sing praise to God, sing praises: Sing praises unto our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth: Sing ye praises with understanding. (Psalm 47:6-7 ASV).
Like every Spiritual Office, the Music Ministry is for the edification of the body of Christ and must be nurtured as a gift to stay relevant.
In order to stay relevant in the Music Ministry"you have to sing praises to God with an understanding that God is a spiritual being and anyone who desires to worship Him, must worship Him in spirit and in truth. Must not be an entertainer, must not be a star, must not do it because money is involved but because of true love for Christ. Must understand that the music ministry will last for eternity and is the only ministry that will not pass away.
To be relevant then, you must Priase God with an understanding of the Holy Spirit not the flesh of how good your voice sound but true spirit filled worshiper and praiser filled with the word of God by doing the following:
- Studying: Study to show yourself approved: Il Tim 2:15. "Study to show yourself approved: a workman who needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." How much are you reading? Do you read at all? Or do you copy card all the time? Who are you studying? I mean, who is your mentor? Do you read books written by other music ministers?
- Praying: Pray without ceasing I Thes 5:17. continuous, non-stop. The more time you spend in prayers is how powerful the anointing upon your life is. A prayer-less worshiper is an ineffective worshiper, a powerless worshiper.
- Fasting: Holy fast to break yokes Isa 58:6 “No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people. (Isaiah 58:6 NLT)
- Give thanks: Praise and worship- Psalm 103:1-5 "Bless Jehovah, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless Jehovah, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; Who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy desire with good things, So that thy youth is renewed like the eagle. (Psalm 103:1-5 ASV). We complain more than we are giving thanks for all that He has done for us. Psalm 92:1, 3-4 "It is a good thing to give thanks unto Jehovah, And to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High; With an instrument of ten strings, and with the psaltery; With a solemn sound upon the harp. For thou, Jehovah, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. (Psalm 92:1, 3-4 ASV)"
- Fellowshiping with Like Minds: Hebrews 10:24-25 do not forsake the gathering of yourself together. "And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and do good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
(Hebrews 10:24-25 ESV)" What is the pattern today in the church?
In Christ kingdom, We re full of hate, deceit, immorality, envy, jealousy, and pulling down. In order to stay relevant, you must strengthen others.
- Operating in love. Not given us the spirit of fear II Tim 1:7. For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness, but of power and love and discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7 ASV). Many of us are operating in fear of our brothers and sisters, being better than us, being more anointed than us, being more recognized than us instead of operating in love, power, and Sound mind, knowing that the gift of the holy spirit is diverse but one spirit. If you understand what you've been called to do in the music ministry then you will remain relevant, knowing that your calling and gifting are unique. Have love amongst yourself- John 13:35 "By this, shall all men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love one to another." (John 13:35 ASV)
To remain relevant, you must study the word of God, sing praises to God with an understanding, pray, fast, fellowship with like minds, and operate in love.
I am Princess Pat Akpabio and this is changing minds changing attitudes