Princess Pat Akpabio
What is Power?
As defined by Oxford Dictionaries is the ability to do something or act in a particular way, especially as a faculty or quality: ability, capacity, capability, potential. the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events.
What is focus?
Is defined by Oxford Dictionaries as the center of interest or activity: the state or quality of having or producing clear visual definition: center, focal point, central point, a center of attention, hub, pivot, nucleus, heart, core, a cornerstone.
The Power of focus is the ability to have a centered interest to do something. Without a focus on your craft, you can’t achieve the power to master your craft. Your craft will master you.
Attributes of a person with the power of focus ;
An achiever: An Individual with the power of focus is an achiever. Example God and Jesus-John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him will not perish for have everlasting life according to the Holy Bible. God and Jesus the Christ were focused on reclaiming the entire creation back from the fall of man in the garden of Eden.
They achieved their aims by Jesus Christ paying the ultimate price with his sinless life. He stayed focused upon all the evil done against and to him that He didn’t deserve. Jesus gave his life to gain back a lost world, a fallen world. Father God paid the ultimate price for glory and today, Jesus Christ is the greatest man that ever lived most talked about and most popular with no social media account.
Indeed and for truth The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. I John 3:8
Patient: A person with the power of focus is patient for his or her dream to manifest. example: Joseph sold into slavery by his brothers, landed in Potiphar’ house, dealing with sexual harassment that landed him in prison and he Became a dream interpreter in prison and eventually Pharaoh had a dream that nobody could interpret but Joseph which he was then sent for out of the prison and he interpreted Pharaoh's dream and then became a prime minister. Genesis 37:5 Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more.
Read Genesis 37:5-44 you don’t have to share your dreams sometimes with people but Sharing your dreams sometimes is a divine slip of the tongue so that when it comes true, your enemies will indeed know that you carry the glory of God. Without hatred, there is no glory.
The gift of a man will only man room for the man if the man is patient and perseveres through trials and tribulations like JOSEPH.
Forgotten shepherd: An individual with the power of focus is sometimes a forgotten shepherd in the bush like David. I Samuel 16:1- focus on “But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider how handsome or tall he is. I have not chosen him.
I do not look at the things people look at. Man looks at how someone appears on the outside. But I look at what is in the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7 NIRV “Jesse had seven of his sons walk in front of Samuel. But Samuel said to him, "The Lord hasn't chosen any of them." So he asked Jesse, "Are these the only sons you have?" "No," Jesse answered. "My youngest son is taking care of the sheep." Samuel said, "Send for him.
We won't sit down to eat until he arrives." So Jesse sent for his son and had him brought in. His skin was tanned. He had a fine appearance and handsome features. Then the Lord said, "Get up and anoint him. He is the one." So Samuel got the animal horn that was filled with olive oil. He anointed David in front of his brothers. From that day on, the Spirit of the Lord came on David with power.
Samuel went back to Ramah.”Psalms 23:5 the Lord prepares a table for these kinds of people in the presence of their enemies. Yes, they will forget you but you are inscribed in the palms of God’ hands. God never forgets His own.
Eight lessons on the power of focus and I’ll be as real as I should be on the power of focus on our today
1. My Time: Now being focused requires work from us. How many of you here have me time? A day that is just meant for you? Guess what, Each week take one day completely off. No business phone, no emails. No work. Just make it your day to think and plan. But don’t actually do any business work.
2. Family time: I have a family? My parents are alive? when last did you spend quality time with your family? Spend time with your family. At least one day each week should be a full family day. If you can’t do that, be sure to spend as much time as you possibly can each day in the mornings or evenings with the people you love and care about.
3. Personal day planning: I plan my day? I plan my week? I plan my activities daily a day before? Before going to sleep, create an outline of what you want to accomplish the following day. Not in your head, write it down. Do that from Monday to Friday.
4. Treat yourself: You want to have the power to focus on your career? Find one thing that makes your day better. Each of us has things that we enjoy doing. Make sure you do something you enjoy each day. Whatever it is. Treat yourself.
5. Tap naps: Some of us are always on the go during the week. Ya can’t focus when you are tired Take a nap. I suggest taking 25 minutes to sleep a mid-day during the week. This will re-charge you and get you more focused. Especially if you’re waking up between 5:30-6: 30 am each morning.
6. Ask for help: When you need help or something do you ask for it? Are you too proud or afraid to ask for attention? Or you just one of those that wants to feel needed all the time? The world is a double-sided coin. Ask more. Don’t be scared of rejection. You need to ask people in all situations for what you want. It’s what kids do. It’s what works. Ask and you’ll often get.
7. Be consistent: There is no short cut to glory. You have to pay the full price to attained glory. So, Be consistent and persistent. Don’t give up on something after only a couple of tries. It can often take years of toiling away to make you an ‘overnight success’.
I have to laugh at this one because most of us are guilty but I have to say it. We break promises and it affects us in the long wrong so you want to have the powers to focus, Keep your promises.
Most people don’t follow through and do what they say. If you do, make sure you promote that fact. In emails or calls to clients, let them know that you got __ done “as promised.” That will reinforce your commitment.
In order to live a fulfilled ordered life, you have to stay focused on your goals. Make sure you bring God to your affairs for it is only He who can guide and direct your steps on the right path
I am Princess Pat Akpabio and this is Changing minds changing attitudes.